Monday, July 03, 2006

Question #3: What kind of book lover (or hater) are you?

well, I think I am both...;-) I do love books and I have done so many things with books: reading, of course, altering ( obviously) ,
I used them as source of information, and I have write a book ( hopefully there are more to come!). But I also bind them, tear them and I used them as furniture. I try to get rid of them, I loose them and I trade them. I make books and take them apart.I collect them....!!!
At first ( before I could read and write!) I was very interested in them and I told my Grandma stories, which she wrote done for me and I was dreaming of being an author. Then school started and I had a real hard time to read and write ... I am dyslexic!!!
I was hoping a type write could solve my problem, but unfortunately it did not. So I started hating books and reading and writing, too. I was forced to write and read a lot, but with the years something changed and now I can not live without books anymore. I can go without a lot of things, but take all my books away from me and I will be like a flower without water!!!
I definitely have to many books, but I work with them, in them and around them. And as a Persian proverb says: A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
Sometimes I need that garden to hide in and forget about what is outside of...;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda D. said...

Oh, such a wonderful last statement! I love that proverb too. And can see books as secret gardens, with roses and thorns... delightful.

9:13 pm  
Blogger HULIPA said...

i'm a sensuel lover, i like to look books, and smell them, touch them too. I like to turn pages and the journey by mind and also to be with toughts of peoples.
I had finish to read la maison en papier, i adored the story and i got lot of ideas for creations...

2:24 pm  
Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

I've never come across that proverb before, it's lovely. I'm very much like you Anke, when things in my world aren't quite right I retreat inside the world a book creates- ideally by water.

Claire

1:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home