Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Questions 1 & 2

1. I was intrigued by what Anke was saying about this book and her excitement persuaded me to join. My own copy arrived today, from Amazon. It was unpacked from the box by 8.40am. I'd finished reading it at 10am! Brilliant little book and now I understand fully why Anke wanted to do an AB project based on the Paper House. I'm really excited now and looking forward to starting! It will be interesting to try new things for this, distressing a book ;>



2. Having bought a few used books from our local library, I was unsure which one to use. However, once I read the Paper House this morning, one drew me. There was only one choice from what I had. "Castaway" tells the story of 2 people who, in real life, chose to be castaways on a small island off the northern tip of Australia. The experience wasn't exactly a success, from what I could gather after skipping through the book. With a few small illustrations, including maps of the island inside the cover, and good quality paper, I think "Castaway" is an ideal book for this project.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I canĀ“t belive you have been reading the book THAT quickly!!! You always manage to amaze me!!! The castaway looks just perfect...;-)
Hugs

Anke

7:14 am  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Hee hee, thanks Anke! Once I started reading, I couldn't put the book down... and as you say, it's only a small book!!!

8:09 am  
Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

I read it yesterday afternoon whilst at the hairdressers having my hair coloured! I started it again this morning to make sure I had read it properly.

Hee Hee...

1:30 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

Perfect choice of book, Linda, I am looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Kari x

2:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home