Sunday, June 18, 2006

Questions 1 & 2

1. How did I get interested in this project?
Well, curiosity first, after Anke enthousiastically told about the book. Normally I would leave this book aside when I'd see it in a shop, but what I have read about it intrigued me enough to purchase it. I think the best books I have read are books like these, of authors I've never read before :-)
I also like the idea of combining two books by theme, reading the one and altering the other.

2. The book I'll be altering for this project was just waiting for it - too heavy to mail. It is a book I got from the give-away-store in my town, like a second handshop where you don't have to pay. I ocassionally bring some of my old stuff there. People are allowed to take five things. For creative people the perfect place to nose around for some nice things. This is where I get most of my books to alter.
It's an old book about the nature of my country, which is described in a very broad way and with a very rich and beautiful use of language of the 1940's. I have already cut out lots of pages, which I have sent to the participants in a swap I am hosting in the Dutch ATC-group at yahoo. The challenge of this swap is to play with the pages, but to play with the book as a whole in this project is a great challenge :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Lovely book Sanra - I wish we had such a shop around here, but we do have good charity shops that aren't too expensive.

We are going to have fun!

Kari x

2:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home