Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Extreme distress

Tonight I decided to do my little experiment for the Casa de Papel-altered books project. Extreme distress to a book, that is what it's about. I had thought of putting the book into the washing machine, but I thought it would be wiser to put the book in a solid cotton bag first, tightly closed with a rope and a big knot.



Well, buddy, there you go. Regular washing program at forty degrees, along with some sheets and towels (don't mind my cat's tail, she is always so curious about the household and esepcially the closet where my washing machine is):



And here is the result. Is this an altered book or what?


5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sandra...you are killing me!!!! I really think you have gone over the top just a little bit...LOL...wonder is ther was still something you could do with your extreme clean, but unrecognizible book???
Actually I was thinking about putting some stll caustic soap on my book, let it sit there until the soap would be cured and then have a bath with my soap book...;-)
Go to my blog to see some more about the soap story...;-)

9:33 pm  
Blogger Sandra said...

Ha, that would be perfect for a book with a soap-story :-)
I am thinking of wetting and crunching the pulp again at a later time and then see if I can make a paper sculpture of it. I'd still be altering it then :-)

10:07 pm  
Blogger HULIPA said...

oh!! very interesting!! There are always news surprises with this story's books. Very funny

10:00 am  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Love the paper sculpture idea!!!!
Bet you're glad you didn't do too much to your book before it went into the machine though? Definitely looks distressed, lol!

2:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh that is really intresting :)

9:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home