Saturday, July 08, 2006

extreme distress - how to skin a book




After the heavy rain yesterday ( look here! ) my book is still kind of wet....but wanted to do some more with/to it. It still had that protecting plastic wrapper, that was put around it in the library, were I got it from. I decided to skin my book and since it is about the old wild west and the trappers, I tought that was only fair enough!!! But the book was still wet and so some the front pictur came off, too...but also the structur of the book tore and now I have a freshly skined book and the book skin!!!













3 Comments:

Blogger Linda D. said...

Lol, sounds as though you've been having a lot of fun with yours. Are you planning on putting the skin back on somehow? Or will you leave it skinless?

5:53 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will not put the skin back on the same place, but I definitly want to use it somehow....!!! I wanted to distress the cover even more and the skin would protect the cover to much for my taste!! So I have to think of something else...;-)

7:14 am  
Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

How about putting a small piece of the skin on every page? like the pathways Delagado describes in the books? The fabric I buried with my book is going to be just that a series of threads through the narrative.

9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home