Sunday, June 18, 2006

Questions 1 and 2

Question 1
How did I get interested in the project?

In a word... curiosity
Anke introducing a book: The House of Paper, without saying too much about it, giving just enough of a synopsis to intrigue... so first step, Amazon to buy it, even paying the postage to get it as quickly as possible!

The idea of an altered book based upon links between the story and the idea of extreme distress, sounds challenging, not something I've done before.


Question 2
The book I'm going to alter?

My book is called "The Golden Calm, An English Lady's Life in Moghul Dehli". It links the writings of Emily, Lady Clive Bayley and her father Sir Thomas Metcalfe. Corny as it sounds the title is just begging me to use it for this project, as what could be more perfect that to subject it to extreme distress!

I bought this book in a charity shop almost a year ago intending to alter it in a round robin, but its way too big to be posted. Imagine my surprise when I took off the dustcover and saw the front. This is such serendipity, like Anke's book, my cover features a horse and rider!



And the biggest challenge to be faced... using Blogger in German!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That really is funny!!! We have both something so similar on the cover....I am really looking forward to this project!

7:16 am  
Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

I've had a whole week of these coincidences... very spooky, and I loved the book too. Great recommendation!

1:32 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

How funny to have such strange coincidences!

I hope you manage to preserve the image.

kari x

2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home