Friday, June 16, 2006

new Altered Book project: extreme distress - La casa de papel


Hi everyone,

...I am happy to hear that you are all busy with your art projects and are not glued to the TV.....;-) I am doing the same really tons of projects would like to finish before the kids start their summer break and our holidays start!!!!

I have been thinking about this new project for quite some time now after reading all your posts and I think this will get even more experimental that I did think at first...so this will truly be something to get everyone ( how will take part) out of the comfort zone!!!

I have been reading in Shaktis blog about her experience with throwing her book around and at first I started to laugh, but it also made me think...then I also just finished reading a book called : "la casa de papel" ( I read it in German in case anyone was thinking...;-) and I really love this book! And it gave me even more ideas. I do not want to give too much away from the book in case you have not read it, but it is basically about three persons, how are very fond of books, but how are also quite crazy....and one of them finally gets completely over the top and his complete library gets under extreme distress......I will not say anymore...;-)

So whats the project???
Everyone will have to get the book in any language:

Carlos Maria Dominguez
"La Casa de Papel" ISBN: (sorry could not find out the number)
"The House of Paper" ISBN: 0151011478
"Das Papierhaus" ISBN: 3-452-35116-9
and read it. It will be completely up to you how fast or slow you are going to read it. The book is not very long so that should not be a problem at all...;-)

Everyone will get a book to alter. The size and how thick it is,this time is completely up to you, because this book will NOT be sent anywhere unless you want to!!!! So this is the chance to use a really heavy book for once!!! I have been thinking about the postage costs and as Susan already pointed it out, they ARE a problem here in Germany, but I am sure some of you will be happy about having not to pay for more postage money ,too!! But since we are not sending a the books anywhere, how will it work??? This is one of the getting out of the comfort zone steps: I am still debating if it will be better to have a new yahoo group just for this project and just for the duration of this project, or if it would be nicer to have a blog for the project......I am still open so say which way you would prefer...;-)

Anyway it will be essential to regularly post pictures of your book, because this is the only way we can have something like a group project. Every other week one of the persons taking part is giving out a question for two weeks to work on and everyone is posting pictures of the process of the book...of course in connection with "la casa de papel" and the idea of extreme distress!!! i will make a start and then we will have a list so everyone knows when its time to think about a question.....

What do you all think??? Anyone interested in taking part???
Any more questions???
Looking forward to your reaction...;-)

Greetings and Hugs

Anke

8 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Hi Anke,
I got the link, but cannot join under my yahoo email addy. Could you add me as artygaluk@tesco.net please?

Thank you
Kari x

6:32 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

Same here Anke...can you add me as hekatecrone@msn.com

Jill
Thankyou
xxx

6:59 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

ooops - seems I can get in after all Anke... sorry, ignore that last comment.

7:01 pm  
Blogger Sandra said...

Ha, here I am :-)
All went well!

10:52 pm  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Please count me in! I already have a blogger account (although I've been inactive for a while) so hopefully it will recognise me ;)

9:42 am  
Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

Hi Anke

I'n in and waiting for my book. I ordered via Amzaon, even paying postage to get it as soon as possible.

Claire

12:55 pm  
Blogger shawa_strong_wind said...

Anke, lovely idea! I wish I could take part but I know that I have to set my limits or I will get way ahead of myself, which isn´t good, but I´m loooking forward to following the project!

1:38 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

Aha! I am in - right just got to get hold of a copy of the book now.

kari x

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home